Monday, February 27, 2012

have i told you that i not only hate
early mornings, but i especially dread
mondays, with an entire week to get through?!!
monday mornings . . . require a
more rigorous task than just walking through a
serious tornado. early on mondays means
forcing me to not only do the tornado run but climb a
slanting mountain through a slippery waterfall.

you guessed it.
tomorrow is monday.

brandt and jasmine dropped off colben
my doll-baby grandson. two week-end days.
you can see why i LOVE week-ends.

well, after devotions and prayer time with God,
i am sure that heading to the gym is my best solution.
run it out. let sweat roll and tensions ease. just clean
it up with Jesus. when your work-out has calmed your
anxieties and levelled all the pressures, then, you can
go home and clean out your closet. straighten your
spine. wipe the bathroom counters. unload the dish-
washer. pay bills (as many as you can).

monday mornings must have been evaluated by God,
and He decided they are VERY important in our
discipline to say "yes" to Him, no matter what. it seems
He created what i call 'misery' to keep us on our toes
in this relentless battle called 'life'. to force us to take
our feet. swing them over the bed. . . align them, and start
walking. . . and waiting for Jesus to put people right smack
in front of us to love and be kind to. and often to speak
about this glorious Savior who can steady every
broken heart, and what seems like relentless hardship
and failure.

i'm determined to work on my spirit re: monday mornings.
to go even farther, and just let Jesus do in me whatever He's
noticing that is out-of-tune. i want Jesus. want Him with all
my heart. He has a big job cut out when it comes
to me. many corrections, and even some coersion issues.

Jesus says we are to run to win.
to WIN! some assignment. huge
in my book. i need some rushing water and
encouragement and reassurance. even a thunder-clap
now and then.

it is after midnight.
when we open our eyes in the morning,
let's don our crowns. and our big boots for
marching. i am so HOPING i'll see you on the trail.

proverbs 3:5-6

5 comments:

kc bob said...

Proverbs 3:5-6 says it all for me Ann. My life changed when I began to believe that my new heart was not desperately wicked. Knowing that I can trust God with ALL of my new heart changes everything.

Have a great week!

Blessings, Bob

PS: You may not need to have both word verification and moderation enabled.

georgia peach said...

Remarkable that the theme of this post is getting up early.Twice a week,I have to do that and I hate it.Lately,I have been thinking that I need a new approach.Praying for that to be revealed.God bless us both!!!!

Tina said...

I am with you...moving one foot in front of the other and, look, it is almost Tuesday already! :)

Pastor Dan said...

I read your post at 5:14 a.m. and immediately sprung from bed to respond.

I respectfully disagree with your sister. And I must also respectfully disagree with you.

I do not feel like you are begging for money; your assessment of the situation is correct. People are struggling and your words are a comfort.

But nor do I believe worry is a sin. I believe it is more of an affliction, and the exhortations in Scripture to avoid it are not a rap on the knuckles from a scolding God but a loving invitation to draw near for a hug and for treatment.

I will pray that He hugs you today in a way that is real for you.

Love in Him,
Pastor Dan

Kate Garnhart Burkay said...

Putting one foot ahead of the other has always been my motto, but it has a whole new meaning when a person has arthritis in both knees...it just happens a whole lot slower...literally!